It’s not that you can make delicious doughnuts only on Hanukkah, you can do it anytime. It is crispy outside and has a tempting delicious strawberry sauce. These are the dreams of dessert.
- 8 cups Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 cups strawberry jam
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 3—4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4-ounce envelope active dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoon)
Powdered sugar for a light dusting
- Add yeast, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons warm water to the blender for 5 minutes.
- Stir the egg yolk, whole egg, milk, orange peel, orange juice, salt, vanilla extract, 2 cups of flour and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir at low speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter 1 piece at a time, mixing well until lumps disappear.
- Slowly add the remaining 2 cups of flour until the dough is soft, smooth and shiny.
Knead and proof the dough:
- Place the dough on the floured work surface and start kneading. If necessary, add some flour until the dough no longer sticks together.
- Put the dough in a buttered bowl and cover it with a clean kitchen towel.
- Let it rise in a warm, unventilated place until it doubles in size, about an hour.
Cut the dough:
- Draw a 3/4 inch thick dough on the surface of a little flour. Using a cutter with flour, cut out the round dough and knead it into a dough.
- It’s time to transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment and cover it with another kitchen towel. Ferment for 40-50 minutes until the size has not doubled.
- IIf you are not ready to fry the dough, you can refrigerate for 3 hours.
Fry the dough:
- Prepare a large saucepan with a thermometer; pour the vegetable oil to measure 4 inches and heat at medium to high temperatures until the thermometer shows a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry the dough in portions to golden brown and fry on each side for about 1 minute.
- Transfer the dough to a baking tray with a towel and cool it slightly before filling.
Fill and finish:
Place the jam in the food processor until smooth. Scrape the jam into a 1/4″ tip* tube bag. Insert the bread into the top of the donut and gently fill until the jam is drilled out of the hole. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Enjoy，Simple, isn’t it?