We don’t know your prefer, but this is the perfect apple pie no one will reject.Warm and gooey in heart, with the perfectly-baked crust, topped with real vanilla ice cream, so exciting! Get ready for a party on your tongue with this recipe, and share it onThanksgiving celebrations. This dessert is very homelike, fulfilled with fall flavors and warming spices. And don’t worry, this recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free and guilt-free,xo.
Enjoy your baking…
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 8-12 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg
- 8-12 tablespoons greek yogurt or non-dairy yogurt of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 – 4 tablespoons maple syrup/ coconut sugar (optional)
- 5 large firm apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons almond flour ( or other gluten-free flour)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar (if using) and sea salt and mix them up gently.
- Add coconut oil into the flour mixture slowly stirring your dough together .You should get a mixture like sand crumbs.
- Add ice water and yogurt one tablespoon until you have a dough that stays together, if you choose to add an egg , knead it into the dough at this stage until fully combined.
- Knead dough into a ball until the dough sticks together.
- Place it in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Put your peeled and sliced apples in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and toss gently until they are attached on the apples evenly.
- Cover the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 F .
- Take dough from the fridge and roll it out either on a floured surface or between two sheets of parchment paper until you have a thin layer of dough around 1/4 inch thick.
- Roll the dough onto the rolling pin and then unroll it onto your plate.
- Place your filling into the crust, making sure the apples lay flat and are layered evenly.
- For the top you can roll it out the same way as for the bottom layer and place on top of pie pressing the edges together with your fingers making a slice on the top for air to escape.
- Brush on your egg wash on the top layer of your pie and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake pie at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
- After 20 minutes reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and cover your pie with aluminum foil and let bake for an additional 40-45 minutes.
- Remove when perfectly golden brown.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream on it and enjoy it!